Appointment setting is a critical process for any business. When representatives fill the sales pipeline with high-quality leads and established appointments, they increase the likelihood of sales and customer acquisition; sales professionals follow up smoothly without dealing with unanswered calls, difficult gatekeepers, and uninterested parties.
However, you may lose out if your business extends personnel and resources to
perform appointment setting. You may accumulate unnecessary expenses, grapple
with low-quality appointments, or inadequate conversions. Fortunately, you can
outsource appointment setting services to a call center and reap significant
Suppose you are considering using a call center for your appointment setting services. In that case, you may wonder how to go about the process. In general, you must determine your needs, choose an excellent Business Process Outsourcing (BPO) provider or call center, sign up for the service, and monitor performance. Follow along to learn what goes into each of these steps so that you can make the best decisions for your company.
1. Determine Your Appointment Setting Needs
Whenever you make a strategic business move, you rely on accurate and up-to-date information to make the best decision. Likewise, when outsourcing any business service, you need to know what it is, how it could help you, and how to evaluate your needs. Let’s take a closer look at these aspects:
What Is an Appointment Setting Service?
An appointment setting service refers to outsourced professionals who sift through dead leads, determine optimal times to call contacts, find ways to get through gatekeepers, and speak with potential customers. When they connect with the prospect, they focus on closing promising leads and setting up appointments or calls for your skilled sales team. If those appointments fall through, representatives follow up and work on rescheduling these important meetings. In other words, outsourced appointment services allow your company to reduce time-wasting activities and take full advantage of premium leads.
How Can Appointment Setting Help You?
All businesses look forward to establishing their brand, growing their
company, boosting sales, and increasing customer acquisition numbers.
Appointment setting allows for goal achievement, as it provides an effortless
transition from reaching the right audience to converting them to customers.
Yet, you may wonder if you need to outsource your appointment setting or if you
can accomplish it in-house.
An increasing number of companies outsource appointment setting to call centers. They may be a startup or small-to-medium-sized business without the resources to set up large in-house teams. Or, they may be businesses of any size looking to make their sales customer acquisition funnels less expensive and more effective. When they outsource their needs, they can keep a small team of sales experts to close deals, reduce their sales losses, and improve their results.
What Are My Appointment Setting Needs?
Most businesses can benefit from an outsourced appointment setting. Yet,
management must have a good idea of their current situation and future goals.
This way, their chosen BPO provider can ensure they meet their needs and
management can understand the advantages of outsourcing appointment services.
You can gain an accurate snapshot of your business needs by answering:
- What are my current sales and customer acquisition strategies?
- Are my current lead generation and sales methods generating an optimal return on investment (ROI)?
- What attention does in-house appointment setting take away from my core business activities?
- How is our quality for lead generation?
- Does my bottom line suffer from our current strategy?
- If our sales professionals could concentrate their knowledge, skills, and efforts on promising leads, would our results change?
- If we reduced time-wasting activities, such as sifting through broken lines or making our way through gatekeepers, would we improve sales?
- If experts handled convincing our customers to book or reschedule an appointment, how may our metrics improve?
- How would the expenses and sales generation/future sales generation compare to our current situation?
- What are your current promising lead counts over your contact lists? How would you like this number to improve in the next few months?
2. Choose an Excellent BPO Provider or Call Center
Once you know outsourcing appointment services is right for your business,
you must choose an ideal BPO provider to handle your processes. After all, you
will rely on industry professionals to convert unaware or uninterested parties
to promising leads, set up prospective customers for closing, and produce
high-quality appointments. Ideally, you can build a long-term partnership with
the call center to maximize benefits and results.
Since this is the case, you should know how to evaluate a call center. It involves understanding what they bring to the table and assessing whether they can meet your specific needs.
What Do They Bring to the Table?
When you encounter an appointment setting service provider, it is essential
to realize that they may not offer the same benefits as another firm. It is best
to look at their service features to ensure they will perform to your
expectations or higher.
The best appointment setting services have:
- High-Quality Lead Generation and Sales Representatives: A fully-trained team understands the best approaches, strategies, and techniques to convert a customer. They also know how to adapt to meet an individual where they are at, increasing the chance of closing a deal.
- Excellent Processes: Call centers should have an established system to narrow down contact lists, reach all decision-makers, appeal to individuals, and set up convertible appointments.
- Evaluation and Improvement: The best appointment setting services will have a specific process for evaluating their performance and progress. From there, they can improve and refine their approaches and strategies.
- Innovative Scripts: A script should be tailored specifically for the target audience, business, products, or services. A call center should pride itself on innovative script writing so that it can stand out in its efforts.
- State-of-the-Art Technology: A call center needs advanced equipment and software for an appointment setting campaign. Fortunately, if they are a reputable company with multiple successful campaigns, they already have the infrastructure in place.
- Timely Data Reporting: When you partner with a call center, they should provide you with data reports regularly. Naturally, you will also see the fruits of their labor through your sales funnel.
- Transparent Billing Practices: Your BPO provider and you should reach a reasonable agreement on rates and terms of billing before an arrangement
Do They Meet My Needs?
After verifying if a call center provides preferable appointment setting
services and features, be sure to discuss your needs with the company. While
many BPO providers are flexible with their services, they must have the
expertise, experience, personnel, and technology to achieve your goals.
In particular, you may wish to look at:
- The type of customers, such as business-to-consumer (B2C) or business-to-business (B2B)
- The type of products or services
- The size and scope of the call center
- The volume of calls
- The number of languages
- The quality of customer support
- The history of success
3. Connect with Your BPO Provider
It’s time to officially connect and prepare a contract with your chosen BPO provider! You are now well on the road to outsourcing your appointment setting services to a call center. Soon, your sales team will benefit from promising leads and prepped closing deals. Let’s discover what you can expect from the next steps:
Preparing Your Business
Businesses should ensure they thoroughly understand their needs and
expectations before reaching out to a BPO provider. In this way, the consultant
can work with you on a customized plan or to select a service package.
Likewise, you should prepare your management and current marketing and sales department for the change. You may need to check data security laws, and regulatory compliance rules, amongst other details.
Consulting with the Call Center
A call center expert or specialist will contact you to discuss your business, needs, and objectives. They will take the time to learn about your company, products and services, current marketing, expectations, timeline, and budget.
Signing Up for the Service
Experts will create an official proposal and official quote off of your consultation. Yet, the best BPO providers will work with you to design personalized services, goal setting, and a game plan. They will develop an excellent strategy and work out the details. From there, they will develop a proposal and contract.
Getting Ready for Launch
Suppose your chosen call center has personalized outbound and appointment
setting services. In that case, they will build a formal team with dedicated
agents and managers for your campaign. They will develop call scripts and
perfect tactics and techniques matching your brand, values, and desired
marketing and sales approaches. Likewise, they will train the new team to
perform their calls flawlessly, speak with your target audience professionally,
and promote or upsell products and services.
Your business will also need to get ready for outsourced appointments. In many cases, your chosen call center will help you with tech set-up and other necessary changes. This way, you can prepare your sales floor for an influx of quality appointments through fast, efficient systems.
Your appointment setting service is fully launched and your sales professionals are closing deals! Yet, your dedicated call center is constantly monitoring performance. In this way, they can adapt to increase appointments, boost sales and improve customer acquisition. Additionally, your business should keep tabs on performance and results. If you set up a good line of communication with your BPO providers, you should be able to work with them to set and achieve goals.
Ready to Outsource Appointment Setting Services? Contact the Best Call Center in the Philippines
Whether you are a business owner or a marketing and sales department head, outsourcing appointment setting services may be your next strategic move. Now that you understand the setup process from beginning to end, it’s time to get started with the best call center in the Philippines, Loop. We will help you to determine your needs, develop an excellent strategy, and see fantastic results. Get started with Loop’s outsourced appointment setting services today!